Like it or not, our faces are powerful calling cards, communicating both who we are and how we feel. And the aging process can impact our message.
Do you ever think about how much shows in your face; lifestyle, diet, stress management, neck or shoulder pain, happiness quotient and other emotions, self-confidence.
Already as young adults we begin to lose the symmetry in our faces. We tense in our jaws raising one side of the mouth more than the other. Our chins become lumpy like orange peel when we harden our mouths in anger. We develop furrows between our eyes and one eye begins to look smaller than the other. Our noses start to appear to be off center. Maybe we are beginning to get dark circles under the eyes and puffiness indicating a buildup of toxins.
Is your face symmetrical?
This is the only non-surgical facial technique which addresses the lack of symmetry. And the younger one begins to do something with these problems, the longer one can offset the more unattractive aspects of the aging process.
The Scandinavian Facial Symmetry Technique: ALT, stimulates tissue, muscles, and facial nerves. It is a gentle form of connective tissue massage where 78 of the 97 muscles of the face and neck are thoroughly palpated in order to relax and revitalize them. In addition, there is work on the energy meridians, blood circulation and the cranial nerves. This is done with neither the use of machines nor acupuncture needles, but rather labor-intensive handiwork which demands both manual dexterity and a thorough knowledge of anatomy.
Though it is possible to book individual sessions for a single problem such as tension around and between the eyes, the basic Scandinavian Facial Symmetry/ALT protocol consists of 6 one-hour sessions.
- In the first session the connective tissue is loosened and the meridians in the face, throat and neck are treated.
- In the second session, the focus is on the forehead and eye area.
- The third session involves a thorough treatment of the cheek and nasal area, including a slight repositioning the malar fat pads of the cheeks which can result improving the odd hollows and jowls.
- The fourth treatment takes the mouth area and the jaw muscles.
- The fifth treatment is for the chin and throat area.
- The sixth treatment concentrates on the biggest problem area for the individual while reinforcing the previous five treatments working allover the face and throat with the connective tissue to give a greater sense of wholeness for the entire face.
Are you aging gracefully?
These are relaxing sessions, after which the client feels refreshed, clear headed with a sense of inner calm. The skin glows after a session, despite the fact that no creams are used. If there were numb patches on the face, there is often a tingling sensation as nerves come more to life.
In Scandnavia, both men and women enjoy the benefits of this treatment form. Many of my former clients are in the entertainment industry in Copenhagen, Denmark. There are many positive effects, such as better ability to concentrate and better contact in social situations, in addition to physical benefits. I promise that you will receive compliments.
A treatment session lasts about 60 minutes and costs $90 plus tax.
Clinician Carol Lei Bendell-Wiers
Certified Facial Symmetry/ALT Technician